The cost of the tour:
$4,200 double occupancy
$5,425. single occupancy
(All hotels are luxury hotels. The
hotel, in Varanasi is smaller but quite charming as it is on the banks of the River Ganges)
My personal advice is to keep a single room for yourself, unless you have a partner or good friend to stay with. After all, it is two weeks in India, and you may find that a private room gives you the quiet and rest you need.
The cost of the tour includes:
1. Pick up from Delhi Airport
2. All luxury hotels. The Temple on Ganges Hotel in Varanasi is smaller but quite charming as it is on the banks of the Ganga.
3. All breakfasts at the hotels. In Varanasi and Puri, dinners are included as well.
4. All domestic plane travel to the various cities.
5. Safe road travel to our various sites.
6. Our tour is always guided by the owner of Heritage Tours, Orissa, Mr. Samar Pradhan from Puri, Orissa. He has guided us and taken care of all particulars each time I have brought friends and yoga students to India. He makes sure we are well taken care of and leave with a true appreciation and understanding of India.
7. Iyengar Yoga classes and philosophy taught by Christine every day. The yoga classes are optional, as some days one may feel the need to simply rest more.
The tour does not include:
1. Other meals besides breakfast. (Except for Varanasi and Puri which include dinner) We will be out and about during most late mornings and returning to the hotel for a lunch or dinner. These meals can be added to your room.
2. Of course we want to give tips to those who serve us so beautifully during our journey. When the group is formed, we can meet and decide how to give these tips...either individually or together as a group. We will have a few meetings together before the November tour.
3. Recently, all the domestic Indian airlines have baggage costs, now similar to the U.S. Throughout our entire travel, this is the only thing I found to be quite annoying. India used to give priority to travelers, but now we must pay for over baggage. One can always Fed Ex packages back home. This is a definite option.
November in India is wedding season. The weather is beautiful and very easy to travel at this time. All hotels in India consider this time to be “high season.” I have already booked rooms to reserve for all of us. There will
be no rooms available if we wait to reserve. This is why I suggest that you consider carefully if you would like a single or double room while touring for 2 weeks. The probability of changing during this time would be very slim.
Due to the issue of securing our hotel and plane reservations, the commitment must be given by May 20th. One third of the fee will be due at this time to hold the rooms and all plane reservations. Second third should be given by June 20th. And the full payment by Sept 10th.
OUR HOTELS OF CHOICE:
1. ITC MUGHAL in Agra for Taj Mahal.
2. TEMPLE ON GANGES in Varanasi
3. MAYFAIR PURI
4. MAYFAIR LAGOON in Bhubaneswara
5. THE OBEROI GRANDE, Kolkata
If canceling before September 10th, no cancellation fee. Money is returned.
If canceling one month before, 50% cancelation fee.
Two weeks before the tour, no refund.
I do have a wonderful travel agent if you need one. All questions for travel can be answered by her. Questions on insurance as well.
Any questions at all about this tour, please contact Christine Stein at 310-621-0447. Or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Traveling in a small group to India, with travelers who practice yoga: what could be better!?